Saturday, February 6, 2016

It's A Date

Hello, friends of mine! I wanted to pop-up a quick update on the status of my Instrument Rating Checkride. In the past week, I received my endorsement for the test from my Flight Instructor. Immediately after this, I reached out to our flight school's DPE (Designated Pilot Examiner) to try and get a date set to take the test. The next day, I got a call back.

Our preliminary date for my Instrument Rating Checkride is Friday, March 11th. The DPE has been quite busy lately, which gives me more time to ready myself for the test. In reality, I feel ready for it now, yet it never hurts to "continue the course" of studying and flying right up to the test date. Plus, I can still fly to build additional time towards my Commercial/CFI while I wait for the 11th to roll around. 

At this point, I do not feel nervous about the test in any way. I feel prepared and confident, though I know that there will always be little-things that "pop-up" between now and the checkride (and even during.) But, such is life! I will take it in stride, and do my best! Until then, I cannot thank you all enough for your continued support and inspiration. It's hard to express just how much all your kind words, actions, and notes mean to me. Just know that they are worth something beyond all that I have spent on my flight training to date (and, that's a good number!)

Until next time, "Keep 'Em Flying," and "Never, Never, Never Give Up."


No comments:

Post a Comment