Saturday, February 20, 2016

On The Agenda

Hey friends, colleagues, and supporters. Hope you are all doing well, and thriving in your own personal endeavours! As much as I post about following my dreams, my real goal is to inspire others to achieve theirs. I hope it is working.

I wanted to give a quick "Flight Plan," of sorts, to you all. Just a summary of what's coming up in my professional/warbird pilot journey. Here's the rundown for the next few weeks...

February 21: Planning to fly twice, once in AM with my buddy Patrick, and again in the PM with my friend Robert. Also, Patrick and I will do a "Mock" Instrument Checkride Ground-Portion (aka the "Oral" exam.) Weather is not looking very favorable, with clouds forecast to be "broken" @ 3,500'. This may be too low for us, but like a loyal guardsman, we keep a valiant watch on the weather until tomorrow.

2/21 Sunday morning forecast for KROC

February 27/28: Planning to get "checked-out" in the Air Center's Cessna C-182 (N922RA.) The C-182 is much like the C-172 that I already fly, only it has more a more powerful engine. The C-172M has the Lycoming O-320 engine, putting out 150HP. The C-182 has a Continental O-470 engine, with 230HP available. In order to fly solo and/or serve as PIC (Pilot-In-Command) of a plane possessing over 200HP, the FAA mandates that one must hold a "High-Power" Endorsement. This requires receiving training and a proficiency check by a CFI. I am told that in around 2-4 flight hours of flying the C-182, most pilots receive the endorsement. Having a High-Power endorsement will allow me to fly with greater speed, and thus have greater range and useful load (long cross-country trips to WWII Warbird Museums, anyone?!) Now, 230HP ain't exactly the 1,200 of the P51, but it's a start.

The RAC C-182, which I will soon be flying!


March 5/6: The week before my Instrument Rating Checkride! I'd like to fly at least once with a safety pilot or my CFI, just to make sure that I am "good to go" for the test.

March 11: The date of my FAA Instrument Rating Checkride!

In Other News: I am pleased to share with you all the GREAT news out of our museum! We at the National Warplane Museum have added the B-17G (F) "Movie Memphis Belle" to our collection, and will be flying her! Soon, we will be selling rides in her as well (along with our C-47, C-45, and L-16.) We are all VERY excited! Now, on a side note, excuse me while I run to a pilot-mill and grad my multi-engine rating real quick...(wink, wink.)


Story: http://www.geneseesun.com/memphis-belle-thrusts-geneseo-and-livingston-county-higher-as-destinations/


So, there you have it! Until next time, "Keep 'Em Flying," and "Never, Never, Never Give Up."

Total Flight Time = 190.5 Hrs
Total Flight Time to Commercial License = 59.5 Hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment