Wednesday, April 6, 2016

TGIF(?)

Happy "Hump" Day, to you all! Just wanted to share a quick update on the status of my Instrument Rating Checkride, and Professional Pilot Journey as a whole. I have had to "scrub" the flight portion of my checkride 3 times, now, due to in-climate weather. All in all, I can't complain. This winter in WNY has been great for flying in general, with un-seasonable like conditions for winter. This allowed me to fly countless times from November through February. March (and so far, April) has been "difficult," but given the gift I got for most of winter, I'll take it!

As I've waited for my checkride flight portion, I've been continuing to stay sharp and proficient in both the knowledge and maneuver segments of the practical test standards. As I discussed earlier, non-gyro (vacuum failure) approaches were becoming a focus of mine in the flight SIM. I have been continuing that study, the other day I flew the complete departure from KROC to GEE to 5G0 to the "Missed Approach Procedure" and back to 5G0 to land...



I flew using all instruments available to me, minus the attitude indicator, heading indicator, and GPS. I am pleased with my results (even if they're in the digital world!)

As of today, after having spoken with my examiner this evening, the proposed date of my IFR checkride flight is this Friday (4/8) @ 1PM. The DPE may have to take another flight that day, and the weather if 50/50, but there is still a chance it could happen. So, stay tuned! Until next time, "Keep 'Em Flying," and "Never Never, Never Give Up."

No comments:

Post a Comment